You can define two types of environment variables: globals and service specific variables.
Global variables are shared across all the services of a project. It allows to share common configuration or resources, like the database host address.
And all service can have its own dedicated environment variables.
Note: some variables are automatically exposed by SquareScale and cannot be modified. By example database credentials or service discovery name of the services.
Using the web ui
- Go to the Environment tab of your project
- View current global variables
- Add or modify you own variables
- Edit the service you want by clicking the cog icon in the overview
- Browse the edit page and see the exposed variables
- Add or modify your own variables
- The instances of your service will be rescheduled with the new environment variables as soon as you click on the "Update" button